Yes, I really am! With words, syllables, and everything.
Welcome to my website. Shoes off please. The HTML is brand new.
My name is Pete, and for the last 13 years I’ve been quietly working away in the UK games industry, like a construction worker who’s had all his tools replaced by foam lookalikes.
In that time I’ve been very good at concentrating on game projects in various studios, but in recent years I’ve felt a new urge. A growing desire. Perhaps akin to how a cat might feel atop a table, thinking they simply must knock something off.
Thankfully, my urge isn’t to ruin your homely possessions but it is to be more candid about my ambitions in the wonderful world of games, and to explore the culture of gaming in a more open setting.
It’s early days, but here is my current plan which I’m sure is 100% foolproof and I’ll always stick to:
- Show the development of my current game project (Yes! I’m working on a game which is a sort of FPS meets point & click adventure thing.)
- Show this by creating short videos, and blog posts which explore different topics.
- Offer my opinion about game development issues across the world. Become more engaged.
- Learn how to make the perfect Pavlova.
- Promote my vision for how games can be a positive force in our world.
Perhaps you’ll join me on this adventure. Perhaps you won’t. Perhaps that glass vase on your table will have to meet an unfortunate end. Let’s see what happens.